Who We Are
ISACA Abuja is one of the over 200 chapters of the famous ISACA. The Chapter was founded in 2005 but was duly incorporated in 2006 by the Corporate Affairs Commission, Nigeria.
The chapter has about 400 members cutting across different fields. These include Information Systems/Technology Audit, Assurance, Security, Governance, Control, Risk Management, Cybersecurity, Network Administration and Analyses, Accounting, Forensic analysis, to mention but a few.
The vision of ISACA Abuja is to be a leading organisation which drives the IT industry in Nigeria, impacting and influencing the policy and decisions, particularly as regards information systems assurance, audit, security, governance, risk management and cybersecurity.
The mission of the Chapter is to promote the education of individuals for the improvement and development of their capabilities/competencies relating to the fields of Information Systems (IS) audit, assurance, security, governance, risk management and cybersecurity.
What we do
- We hold monthly meetings where professional papers are presented with the aim of updating members on the current trends in IT/IS industry.
- We organise an annual workshop where participants are equipped with hands-on experiences required for the effective performance of their job functions. The event is usually opened to both ISACA members and non-members participation.
- We organise Annual Conferences which draw participants and speakers from across the world. Over 20 learning sessions are available at the conference. The event is usually preceded with a 1-day pre-conference workshop on topical issues relating to information systems audit, assurance, security, governance, risk management, cybersecurity, privacy, cloud computing, etc.
- We organise training for the young professionals, particularly those aspiring to write ISACA exams and qualify as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) or Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX-F)
- We collaborate with other organisations to organise events.
- We organise students’ advocacy seminar for undergraduate students of IT/IS related courses.
- We establish ISACA Student Groups in different universities.